Brookline Celebrates MLK Day
• Preacher • Activist • Nobel Prize Winner
Join together to honor the values and life of Martin Luther King, Jr. as the community of Brookline marks the 60th anniversary of Dr. King receiving the 1964 Nobel Prize for Peace. The inspiring one-hour program features:
- Video of Dr. King’s 1964 Nobel Acceptance Speech
- “Different Ships, Same Boat’’ a soul-stirring tribute by performance artist Regie Gibson and the Guy Mendilow Ensemble
- Boston University Professor of Religion Margarita Guillory with reflections on the power and the glory of Dr. King
- Brookline Poet Laureate Jennifer Barber reads a selected poem that complements the program
January 15, 2024 at 3:00pm
FREE, but tickets are required in advance.To ensure access to the event, ticket holders should plan to arrive by 2:45pm. If the event is sold out we will offer a standby line. At 2:50pm we will admit guests from the standby line to fill any empty seats that are available. If you are no longer planning to use your tickets please call the box office at 617-734-2500.
Unfortunately, despite event organizers' efforts to offer ASL services, they may not be available during this event. If you have any questions or concerns about accommodations please reach out to Caitlin Starr at email@example.com or at 617-730-2345.
For language access and reasonable accommodations, contact Caitlin Starr at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 617-730-2345