The Coolidge Corner Theatre is looking for friendly, helpful, customer service-oriented individuals to join our theatre team. We aim to provide a welcoming, and respectful atmosphere for patrons and the Theatre Associate is key to delivering that experience. In addition to selling tickets, memberships, gift cards, and concessions, this position will assist with maintaining a clean theatre.
Interested applicants will need good verbal communication and cash-handling skills, and should be open to working evenings, late nights, weekends, and holidays. An interest in film is beneficial and an open, flexible schedule is ideal.
The Coolidge Corner Theatre requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination against Covid-19 and wear a face mask while working.
Essential job duties include:
- Greeting and engaging customers in a prompt and polite manner
- Selling tickets, concessions, gift cards, and memberships
- Maintaining clean theatres, lobby, box office, and concession spaces
- Scanning tickets and admitting patrons at the theatre door
- Answering customer questions at the theatre and over the phone
- Periods of standing, lifting, or bending will be required on a frequent basis
- Assisting patrons with additional accessibility requirements
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment for all Coolidge patrons
- Assisting with various other functions as needed and instructed by supervisors
To apply for a Theatre Associate position, please complete the application form and:
Email a completed application to General Manager, Jamie Webb, at email@example.com, or
Drop off a completed application at the theatre during operating hours (we open 30 minutes before our first show of the day).
Pay: Starting at $14:25 per hour
The Coolidge Corner Theatre Foundation, Inc. (“the Coolidge”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Coolidge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, and compensation.
The Coolidge expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Coolidge’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.