All current employment opportunities at the Coolidge Corner Theatre are listed below:
Job Opening: General Manager
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing both the technical and customer-oriented functions for the Coolidge’s box office, is an integral member of a highly collaborative management team, and an ambassador for the organization.
The successful candidate will provide overall leadership for box office operations, and ensure premium customer service and operating efficiency in a high profile, high standards, fast-paced environment. Customers include patrons, donors, members, board members, community leaders, collaborating partners and colleagues. The Coolidge operates seven days a week. This role requires availability some nights, weekends, and holidays.
An expansion of the theatre will commence in 2021. The expansion will add a new lobby, two new theaters and a community education center. This role is critical to planning for and managing growth in box office operations, while ensuring superior continuity in customer experience.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all elements of customer experience—including ticket and concession purchases, theatre and restroom cleanliness, and resolution of questions/issues—are first-rate.
- Acts as an escalation point for questions and customer service issues; resolves issues effectively and in a positive manner.
- Effectively applies judgment in adherence to stated policies; recommends policy changes when required or advised.
- Understands the Coolidge’s mission, and maintains knowledge of current and future film programming.
- Manages hiring process and onboarding for supervisors and staff positions.
- Working with newly implemented staff scheduling software, ensures optimal staffing levels and signs off on weekly staff schedule.
- Defines, models and trains high standards of customer service across patrons, donors, members, board members, community leaders, collaborating partners and colleagues.
- Ensures that training is consistent with stated operating procedures, while defining and implementing changes as needed. Works across departments to ensure operational efficiency.
- Manages and motivates staff, maintaining strong morale. Works to ensure a comfortable, safe, and healthy work environment for all employees.
- Addresses and documents staff performance issues. Takes corrective action; commends good performance. Manages employee performance reviews.
- Represents front-of-house staff at weekly administrative staff meetings.
- Collaborates and communicates with other managers and administrative staff. Attends scheduled meetings and initiates meetings as appropriate.
- Supervises concession items and sales. Orders and tracks supply and demand to ensure everything is fully stocked and ready for high traffic periods.
- Oversees food and beverage and merchandise performance and strategies.
- Oversees ticket sales and box office daily ticket tracking. Ensures grosses are sent to Comscore nightly.
- Assists Theater Operations Director in ensuring that janitorial/maintenance issues are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in customer service, staff management and team building (5+ years preferred).
- Strong communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; collaborative, patient, able to juggle multiple tasks and meet unexpected demands.
- Commitment to supporting the mission of the Coolidge Corner Theatre Foundation; strong interest in film a plus.
- Availability to work a flexible work schedule, primarily evenings, weekends and some holidays.
- Skilled in standard office software and technology (e.g. MS Office, Google Suite), including social media and basic website updates. Ideally, adept in Agile Ticketing, or a similar system with transferable knowledge.
- TIPS certification (can be acquired post-hiring at Coolidge’s expense)
- CPR certification (can be acquired post-hiring at Coolidge’s expense)
This is a full-time, exempt position that includes a competitive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Coolidge General Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Coolidge Corner Theatre Foundation, Inc. (“the Coolidge”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the Coolidge complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, and compensation.
The Coolidge expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Coolidge’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.