We’re excited to see you at our pop-up drive-in screening of Shutter Island at Medfield State Hospital this weekend! Here are some important details:
Gates will open at 6pm. You are welcome to arrive at that time to secure a parking spot and walk the grounds of the Hospital. While doing so, please observe social distancing and wear a face covering. The film will begin at 8pm.
Cars will be parked on a first come first served basis. Those arriving first will be parked closest to the screen and rows will continue toward the back of the field. Larger vehicles like trucks or vans will be parked toward the back to avoid obstructed views. At the end of the film, we will exit one row at a time. Instructions will be given over the radio frequency you’ll be using to listen to the film. All guests must leave the location in an orderly fashion at the end of the film.
You must remain in your vehicle at all times during the screening. If you leave your vehicle to purchase concessions or to use the restrooms, you must wear a face covering.
A reminder that this event was ticketed as per person and not per car. Each person in your vehicle must have a valid ticket to attend. Please have your tickets printed and ready to be shown at the gate. Please note that all screenings are sold out, so we will not be able to accommodate any onsite sales.
Popcorn will be available at a Coolidge Corner Theatre concession stand via credit or debit card purchase only. There will also be local Medfield mobile food units on site for each screening:
Saturday, Sept 5: The Hot Dog Wagon
Sunday, Sept 6: Ribpublic BBQ (you can order in advance online via this link)
Four portable restrooms, including one ADA compliant unit, will be available for public use. Please see below for detailed safety protocols.
- We will park everyone with adequate distancing between cars.
- Audiences must remain in their vehicles at all times, except when purchasing concessions, using the restroom facilities, or walking the grounds before the film.
- Audience members must wear masks at all times when outside of vehicles.
- Concession stand and restroom lines will have markers to ensure social distancing.
- Remote payment will be used when possible.
- Food Trucks/Vendors will be permitted by Medfield Board of Health and will follow recommended safety guidelines.
- Restrooms will be fully cleaned daily with supplies refreshed and restocked. Surfaces of restrooms will be sprayed with peroxide based sanitizer regularly throughout each screening.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in each restroom and additional stations with hand sanitizer will be available on the property.
We appreciate your support and cooperation in making this screening a success!